Saturday, August 9, 2008

Pick Me A Winner!!!

You won't hear about it on the news, and you won't read about it in the papers. You might not ever hear about the gruesome, disgusting enemy that Coalition Forces and even civilian contractors have to battle on a daily basis. They come in many shapes and sizes, and our ability to defeat them looks almost insurmountable. Everywhere I go, I come across these slimy pestilents and I ask myself, "Why God, why???" I'm talking about the war on.......boogers! Yes, boogers are a daily annoyance here in the land of dry air, dust and wind. In this deadly climate, I wake up with them and I go to sleep with them. It's a battle that few are likely to win here. I try my best not to pick my nose in front of other people (which is why I spend so much time in my office!), but the reality is that practically every time I go outside, I breathe in enormous amounts of dust and it creates an enormous amount of blockage in my nasal cavities! I know this isn't what you expected to read on my blog, but I feel the need to inform you of the fact that people here have a tendency to sneak a pick here and there, in hopes of being able to take deep breathes out of their nose. It takes a big man to admit that he still picks his nose, and I am that big man! How does that song go? "I've got boogers in my nose, boogers on my toes. I've got boogers in my hair, BOOGERS EVERYWHERE" Sing it with me....Just kidding. Hope all is well with you and your family. Take care.

1 comment:

Steve Denny said...

Jesse!

Hey, it's Becca Denny and I feel your pain. I live with 2 boys that pick their nose freely on a daily basis...so let it fly brother. We miss you and are praying for you! I love reading your blog so keep up the info. It is so interesting and such a great thing to be able to read to know more about what life is like over there. I know life is different for each soldier depending on your job but thanks for giving us a wider picture of what your are experiencing. Leslie seems to be doing really well, and I think it is so great that technology is so helpful. Can you imagine what it was like 50 years ago!! Have fun out there! Keep your chin up!

Hugs,

Becca and the boys!...all 4 of them including the dog.