Monday, November 17, 2008

Changing Of The Seasons

I haven't mentioned this until now because A) I didn't want to jinx it and B) well, I just didn't want to jinx it.
After posting a message about the "rainy season", I'm happy to say that it hasn't rained since then! It's been quite a blessing because there were several things we had to get done in order to redeploy, particularly the cleaning of our home station equipment, and trying to get the mud off stuff when it's raining is like trying to trying to get taller by hanging upside down...it ain't gonna happen! Trust me, I've tried.
Another positive weather change is the significant drop in temperature, mainly at night and early in morning. While I'm not talking about "fleece" weather, I do have to put my PT pants and jacket on at night when walking to the DFAC. I've come a long way from the nights where I was soaked with sweat after doing the same thing only a month ago.
What I do not find here is any "changing of the colors." Over here, everything is the same color all year, so it's pretty difficult to tell when you're ending or beginning a season. About the only indicator is the heat. It's hot in the Spring and Summer, cool in the Fall, and cold in the Winter.
Although I've only experienced the Summer and "Fall" over here, I can pretty much guarantee you I was here for the worst part of this region's weather. I don't think I've ever been this hot in my entire life. Hopefully, I won't have to experience this again. Of course, if I end up going to Afghanistan, I'll probably be telling you that I've never been so cold in my entire life!!! You can't win 'em all.
Take care and see some of you very soon!

No comments: